Childhood experience.
Nowadays it can´t be easy growing up. There are choices to make from you get up in the morning until you go to bed in th evening. It´s therefore important for youths to know what they want in life.
I think it was easier to grow up just for a couple of decades ago. There were not so many choices then, as it is today. Both in school and in ordinary life children have to be aware of what they want, because there are a lot to pick and choose among. I think all these choices can create uncertainty among the younger's.
There are also less nuclear families today so you cant´t even be sure of how many siblings you have from year to year. In a class I know, the children got an assignment to stand in different corner's of the room, depending on how many brothers or sisters they have. This exercise was unfortunately not so easy for some of the pupils. All of this have influence on the children and that's why it's so important for us as a teacher and adult to create a good and safety childhood for our youths.
Now I don't mean that everything was better before, but I still believe there were less choices in life. If that's good or bad need to be discussed but if we bring up our children to independent and strong persons, I even think it can be fun to have many different things to take a stand of.
Hello Åsa.
SvaraRaderaIt was interesting to read your text, many things to think about. You have good paragraphs with good text and the paragraphs are well marked with blank lines. The reader can easy follow the text and understand what you want to get out. You give some examples from your childhood and that's interesting.
Maybe some words that I should have changed out but I think it is good. :)
Have a nice day! / Karin